Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Movies: Widescreen or Fullscreen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Movies: Widescreen or Fullscreen

    for me it is Widescreen all the way. That is one reason i hate renting movies around here. It is hard to find Widescreen movies to rent. Do you know that to make a movie Fullscreen they have to cut the sides of the movie off and you miss about 33% of the movie. People think that the "black bars" cut off part's fo the movie but they do not. You see the whole movie, just like in theaters.

    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_trio's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    1,341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Movies: Widescreen or Fullscreen

    Wide

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sic's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    549
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Movies: Widescreen or Fullscreen

    Full
    [img]http://www.darkphotography.net/Media/Bands/Cradle%20Of%20Filth/CradleLogo_Roll.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_kydawg95's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Movies: Widescreen or Fullscreen

    full
    free like OJ all day

  5. #5
    Inactive Member DawgFan3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2003
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Movies: Widescreen or Fullscreen

    Depends on TV size..On a bigger TV, I prefer widescreen, but on a smaller TV, I'd much rather have fullscreen...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Movies: Widescreen or Fullscreen

    Widescreen. Of course when I purchase a new telly, it will make widescreen that much better. The 16:9 ration of widescreen is what they use for the theaters. Also, HDTV will be in 16:9 as well, so people will be preparing for that in a couple of years as well when broadcast groups are supposed to have HD available for all channels.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #7
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Movies: Widescreen or Fullscreen

    I agree, a lot of it depends on TV size and type, I mean if I had a big widescreen TV I would prefer a widescreen movie, but being as I dont have a big TV I like full screen to maximize the screen I do have.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Movies: Widescreen or Fullscreen

    <blockquote>In reply to:
    Depends on TV size..On a bigger TV, I prefer widescreen, but on a smaller TV, I'd much rather have fullscreen...



    [/quote]

    I agree with you, all depends on th size of the tele

  9. #9
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Movies: Widescreen or Fullscreen

    in 2006, federal law will only allow high-def to be broadcast,and all of it will be in widescreen of course
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member wildcat02's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Movies: Widescreen or Fullscreen

    Full

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •